When you are sensitive to chemicals you cringe at the thought of store-bought soaps. So DIY recipes are usually best.
Here is how you can make your own charcoal cleansing soap. As always please test all ingredients prior to melting to make sure you do not react to them.
Purchase these ingredients ahead of time:
1 tsp of COCONUT ACTIVATED CHARCOAL POWDER available on Gold Mountain Beauty website or on Amazon
1 pound of Honey Melt and Pour Soap Base by Our Earth’s Secrets available on Amazon or an organic glycerin base found on Bulk Apothecary
10-15 drops organic essential oil of rosemary or any other organic EO that is tolerated **always use organic as non organic oils can contain harmful chemicals used in the extraction process.**
You will also need:
a large Pyrex glass measuring cup (4 or 6 cup is best)
silicone or metal soap molds
a medium-sized stainless steel pot
a small dish towel
a knife, wooden stirring utensil and a cutting board
- Get everything out and ready as the soap making process is fast paced. Measure out your charcoal ahead of time and place in a glass container or cup. Make sure you set molds on a flat surface. Chop up your soap into small pieces about half an inch if possible. After chopping place them inside your Pyrex measuring container.
- Place dish towel inside your stainless steel pot and place 4 cups of water. Turn heat on medium and place your Pyrex dish inside making sure the bottom is on the towel. Let it heat and melt while stirring every minute until all has melted.
- Remove the Pyrex container from the stove and add in charcoal stirring slowing to incorporate.
- Add in essential oils if you are using any.
- Pour into molds, and let sit for at least 2 hours. Once the soaps are fully hardened remove them from the molds and store in a cool and dry place.
You can also get creative and after you poured the base into your molds you can add in a few dried herbs, dried rose petals, lavender flowers or chamomile flowers.
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe.